And Providential Project Updates
After all the Karst investigations and seeming bother, we finally see what God has been doing. Due to the anomalies we discovered, our architectural team decided to move the building site about 100 feet north. With this move, several advantages emerge:
- We can work more with than against the topography, avoiding blasting, retaining walls, and a lot of dirt-moving.
- We can avoid most basement excavation, making the building 3 floors above grade instead of basement and 2 floors (thus also allowing all the sisters the safety of having bedrooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor instead of ground floor).
- The mechanical spaces can be isolated in one part of the building, easily accessible by maintenance personnel with minimum disruption of the cloister.
- With three floors and a slightly larger cloister, adapted to the lay of the new site, we will be able to utilize more natural light.
- And, best of all, since we’re building on slab instead of excavating, we have greater flexibility in the construction timeline and might even be able to start building as early as the fall of 2022.
Let us continue to pray together and praise Our Lord for His many blessings.